- Minimum 1 GB RAM
- Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit), or Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 is currently not supported. For updates, please subscribe to this article.
- Outlook 2003 SP3, 2007 SP3, or 2010 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Outlook 2013 (Office 15) is currently not supported and may prevent Xobni from working correctly. For updates, please see this article.
- Microsoft .NET framework 2.0.
- If you don't have Microsoft's .NET Framework on your computer, the Xobni installer will download and install it onto your computer as part of the Xobni install process. You'll need to be connected to the internet for this. (Installer for 3.5 SP1, which includes 2.0, is also available here)
- The installer needs about 10 MB drive space for the application, while the index files space requirement depends on the number of messages in Outlook. A typical user with 50,000 emails may need about 300 MB storage.
- To use Xobni Gadgets, users must have an Internet connection (see hosts and ports here) and allow ActiveX controls to run in IE.
- Cached Exchange Mode in Outlook (more about Cached Exchange Mode).
- Dual core processor / 2 GHz
- 2 GB RAM
- Monitor resolution of 1280x1024 or greater
Depending on the size of your index, the memory usage for Xobni may vary (Xobni runs inside the outlook.exe process).