- Xobni Rank is the mechanism by which Xobni organizes, ranks and orders your contacts.
- Xobni analyzes the level of communication activity between you and a given person, and organizes your contacts using that rank.
- The more communication streams you connect to Xobni, the better Xobni Rank will get and the more relevant the top contacts will become.
- With Xobni Rank, the contacts with which you communicate the most can be highlighted instead of simply alphabetically sorting a list of contacts.
Data Used to Influence Xobni Rank
First and foremost, the point of Xobni Rank is to help you get to the contacts you need as quickly as possible. Therefore, Xobni Rank is a general predictor of who you are likely to interact with. To that end, Xobni is influenced by:
- Traffic quantity: How often do you and another contact communicate? Which phone numbers or email addresses do you use to communicate with that person?
- Traffic recency: Which contacts have you been communicating with most recently? Which phone number or email address has been in use lately?
- Time of Day & Week: Some Xobni features use a Xobni Rank that changes depending on the time of day or week.
- Send vs Receive: Since Xobni Rank is generally used to help you send outgoing messages, people you send TO are considered more important than people you receive email from.
- Contacts-in-Common: Someone you may have never communicated with directly could appear with a high Xobni Rank if they have been CC'd frequently when you communicate with others.
- Context: Doing a general search might return differently-ranked results than typing in the "to" line of an email. This is because Xobni tries to rank contacts based on how you are accessing them.