How do I have Xobni Cloud index my Yahoo! Mail?
There's almost nothing to it. From a web browser:
- Visit http://www.xobni.com/account/yoauth
- Login with your Xobni account.
- Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account (note: if you're already signed in to Yahoo in your browser, this step might be skipped)
- Agree to the Yahoo! confirmation page (check the name in the upper right of the page to make sure you're logged in to the Yahoo! account you want indexed).
Does this mean there will be a new Xobni or Smartr sidebar in Yahoo! Mail?
Not at this time. Indexing your Yahoo! Mail will add relationship history and better contact info to your existing Xobni experience (Outlook, Android, BlackBerry, Gmail, and iPhone). No new Yahoo sidebar is being made available right now.
Why should I have Xobni Cloud index my Yahoo! Mail?
The more communication history you can throw at Xobni Cloud, the better it works for you. For example:
- Xobni creates a new profile for every person that you exchanged email with or was CC'd on an email, making your automatic address book all the more powerful and complete.
- Xobni will find phone numbers and email addresses in emails and your Yahoo! address book, and make them easy to find when you're in a pinch.
- When you look at anyone's Xobni profile, you'll see a rich communication history, including Yahoo mail subjects, to give you context on how you know them and what you've discussed in the past.
- Xobni ranks your contacts based on frequency and date, so there's no danger of "polluting" your data. Old contacts just get added lower down in search results. It's the Xobni way.
- If you get "offline" Yahoo! Messenger messages in your inbox, you'll also see those as part of your communication history with someone.
My Yahoo! Mail account is old, should I bother indexing it?
Yes. Xobni Cloud is designed to build you the most comprehensive, accurate relationship database and address book. If an email message or a contact is old, we will treat it as such and lower its ranking. So you'll find someone if you really need them, and won't be bothered by them if you don't.
My Yahoo! Mail account is just used for spam and marketing mail. Should I bother indexing it?
Probably not, unless you have any "real" emails or contacts in your Yahoo! address book worth knowing about.
How long will it take to index my Yahoo! Mail?
The login process should take just a few seconds of your time. Once that's done, Xobni Cloud will go off and get to work. At first, indexing mail will take about 5 minutes at the most. Depending on how you access Xobni or Smartr, you'll start to see new data over the next day or so.
What if I access mail using Yahoo, but my email address does not end in @yahoo.com?
If you have a Yahoo! small business account, or if you have an email address on any one of these domains, please give it a shot using the same instructions from the email you were sent.
AT&T Family of Domains (reference)
(the following ATT domains are legacy - no new addresses at these domains are being issued)
I have a Yahoo! Small Business (YSB) email account, will Xobni Cloud index it?
No. However, since the address book in your YSB account is shared with your "regular" Yahoo address book, Xobni Cloud can still index the address book. So, let's say you have an email address through YSB called email@example.com. And to access that, you usually login to yahoo.com with your Yahoo ID of "mikeco" which has an email address "firstname.lastname@example.org." If you go through the steps at the top of this page, Xobni Cloud will end up indexing:
- your email@example.com email messages
- your address book that's shared between firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Will Xobni modify anything in my Yahoo! Mail account or Yahoo! Contacts?
Does Xobni store my Yahoo! password?
No. We use OAuth to safely interact with your Yahoo! data. Xobni is never made aware of your password.
What if I already have Xobni for Outlook indexing my Yahoo! Mail?
If you've already got Xobni for Outlook indexing your Yahoo! Mail, it's still a good idea to set up Xobni Cloud to do so. Xobni Cloud will index your Yahoo! address book, which the Xobni for Outlook connector does not. More about indexing Yahoo! Mail directly from Xobni for Outlook.
How do I disconnect my Yahoo! Mail account from Xobni Cloud?
If you ever want Xobni to stop indexing your Yahoo! Mail, simply go to https://www.xobni.com/account/xobni_cloud, scroll to the bottom, and remove the Yahoo! connection.
When I try to connect my Yahoo! account, I'm asked for a 7-digit code. What is that code?
Good question. This appears to be a bug that appears temporarily for some people. Please try again and the code question should disappear. If not, please contact support and let us know when it happened and what Yahoo! account you were trying to access. We'll report this back to Yahoo! to track down the issue.
When I try to connect my Yahoo! account, I get this error: "Yahoo! is unable to process your request. We recommend that you contact the owner of the application or web site to resolve this issue. "
This is a temporary state, and your account may have already started indexing anyway. To see if the request was successful, go to https://www.xobni.com/account/xobni_cloud and look for Yahoo at the bottom of the page. If you don't see Yahoo, just try indexing again by following the instructions at the top of this page.
Some of my Yahoo! Contacts do not appear in Xobni or Smartr.
If you have ever imported your Facebook contacts into Yahoo! (like this), then you have "Facebook Contacts" in your Yahoo Contacts. Xobni can not access these contacts through Yahoo!. To index your Facebook contacts directly, simply go to the Xobni Cloud account page and click the "Add a Facebook Account" button. If you still seem to be missing contacts, please contact support and we'll get you set up.