As we announced on July 3, 2013, Xobni servers will shut down on July 2nd, 2014. Because of this, the current versions of Xobni for Outlook will lose some of their features. We don't want this to be a huge impact on your productivity. So the band got together for one more gig and created Xobni for Outlook: Infinity Edition (aka Xobni Infinity), which we are making available as a free download for a limited time.
Infinity Edition is recommended for everyone who is currently using a Xobni for Outlook product
- If you're using a free version of Xobni for Outlook, you can consider this a free update with previously premium features baked in.
- If you previously purchased a subscription to Xobni Pro (all subscriptions will have expired by July 2nd, 2014), this update will maintain most of those features for further use.
- If you previously purchased Xobni Plus, this update includes those premium features (multiple PSTs, AutoSuggest, appointments, tasks, advanced search, etc).
Note that Internet-dependent features, such as the Facebook and Twitter gadgets, and Xobni Cloud, will no longer be available (because they rely on the Xobni proxy servers). Also please note that this version is an unsupported product. We have tested it on a variety of systems using Outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010, but no guarantees are expressed or implied with regard to functionality or compatibility. In general, if you are using Xobni for Outlook happily on a system, you could expect that Infinity Edition will work on that same system. In the future, you may upgrade your Windows OS version or version of Outlook and Xobni Infinity may cease to work completely.
Sidenote: Back up existing Xobni Cloud contacts (for Xobni Pro and Xobni Cloud enabled accounts)
If you have a Xobni Cloud account, we recommend to export your contacts from Xobni Cloud prior to July 2nd, 2014 and optionally import them into Outlook. Please see this article on how to export your contacts from our cloud and import them into Outlook:
Installing Xobni for Outlook: Infinity Edition
1. Uninstall the current version of Xobni. Information for removing the current version of Xobni can be found here:
Select Option 2 (you can leave your data files in place). If you are having any issues with the uninstaller, please skip to Option 3 and use our brute force uninstaller in Option 3 (you will still have the option to leave your data files intact if you choose this).
2. Download and install Xobni Infinity:
(Available for download for a limited time. Yahoo Terms apply.)
Note: the above link is what almost everyone should use; it's for all versions of Outlook 2003, 2007 and 32-bit 2010. If you are unsure about what version you have, use this one).
If you are sure that you have 64-bit Outlook 2010, download the 64-bit version here. Please note, this is for 64-bit versions of Outlook 2010 only, not Windows. You may have a 64-bit install of Windows, but a 32-bit install of Outlook. Very few people have 64-bit Outlook. Please note that if you install the 64-bit version on a 32-bit install of Outlook, the installer will say you are not connected to the internet and then proceed to download Xobni for Outlook 2.0.4, which will cease to work on July 2nd. If you see this error, cancel out of the install and download the 32-bit version above.
To find out what bit version of Outlook 2010 you have, click on File > Help and look for the Outlook version information on the right. For example:
After the download finishes, double-click on the exe file to start the install,
3. After the install finishes, start up Outlook (we recommend a full reboot of your system, but this is not required). If you chose to remove the data files during install, Xobni Infinity will start an initial index of your data.
Look and Feel
Note that the sidebar will no longer be blue as in the Pro version, it will be grey and simply say Xobni at the bottom. If you select Xobni > About you will see version 2.0.0 (ignore the fact that it's a lower version than the Pro 2.0.4 release).
How do I know that the features work? Try composing a new message to see that you get AutoSuggest.
If the sidebar does not start, please follow the steps below:
a. Run all Microsoft updates (Including MS Office). To run updates, click on your Start button, select Control Panel --> System and Security --> Windows Update
b. Run Office repair
c. Run ScanPST
d. Disable other Add-ins
More Details about Xobni for Outlook: Infinity Edition
- Self-contained: does not rely on any calls to Xobni servers for functionality
- Does not check for license keys or a Xobni account
- Your data stays on your computer: does not send personal data to any Internet service
- System Requirements: Same as previous versions of Xobni. See system requirements page for details.
- Many features that were previously premium-only are now available for free!
- Did we mention it's totally free?
- In the "About Xobni" window, the version number appears as 2.0.0 build 1. Technically, this should be version ∞.
- Some wording in the app still makes reference to Xobni Pro or sending out Tweets to promote the app. These are no longer relevant.
- Some references to newer versions or updates in the installer and uninstaller are no longer relevant.
- By design, Xobni gadgets have been disabled. This includes all gadgets including Facebook, Twitter, Klout, Skydrive, Salesforce, Jira, Evernote, Workday, WebEx, CA OpenSpace, EchoSign, Nimbb, GoldMail, Xing, Huddle, YouTube, Flickr, and Yelp. (This is because they rely on the old Xobni proxy servers to function; they were not direct connections to the third-parties.)
- Photos from Facebook, Twitter, and Xing will no longer appear at the top of the sidebar.
- Xobni Cloud is no longer be accessed.
- Other links within the app that point back to Xobni.com pages may not function.
- The current installer security certificate expires 6/11/2015 and may not be renewed. This won't necessarily block the install after that date, but will show warnings.
Xobni Enterprise / Xobni Business Solutions Customers
Although your organization's contract has not been renewed since before 7/2/14, we extended your access for free until 7/3/14. From this date on, all clients will revert to the free version and the admin portal will no longer be available. In order to deploy the Infinity version, you may download one of the following msi files:
- x86 msi installer (for Xobni Enterprise admin installs to Outlook 2003, 2007 and 32-bit versions of Outlook 2010)
- x64 msi installer (for Xobni Enterprise admin installs to 64-bit Outlook 2010)
Note that this product will no longer be supported by Xobni and is installed at own risk.